Monday, October 11, 2010

Anniversary Weekend

Hello my friends!  I have not been online much lately (I've been scheduling my blog posts two or three at a time for the week).  We don't have Internet at our apartment yet, but hopefully next month we will.  :)  I've been cooking almost every day, and loving it!  Tonight I made a baked bbq chicken recipe that I got from Renae, along with some rice.  I also plan on making the candy bar cake this week.

Israel and I celebrated our one-month anniversary on Saturday!  I think now I can fully believe we're actually married.  It was so surreal the day after our wedding to think that we were really husband and wife, but now it has set in.  :)  My sweet hubby planned a wonderful evening out.  We first went to dinner at Macaroni Grill (my first time there), enjoying a tasty Pollo Caprese and Tiramisu for dessert.

And then the real surprise came.... Israel kept this part of the night a secret up until we were walking into the place.  He bought tickets for us to see Rain at this beautiful opera house in downtown Miami in our own box!  Rain is a live band, paying tribute to the Beatles, singing all Beatle songs.  They dressed up in authentic Beatles wear-- with the suits, hair and later crazy pirate costumes.  It was amazing, and they sounded really good!  They encored to Imagine and Hey Jude.  :)




Yesterday we celebrated Israel's brother, Jorge's, birthday with all the family and several of Jorge's friends.  Like most Cuban birthdays, not only do you get served cake but also croquettas and pastelitos (more Cuban pastries).  It was a very fun night.  :)

3 comments:

  1. Mi amorrr! Our month anniversary was really amazing. And like I told you a thousand times then, you looked strikingly beautiful.

    I love you now and for all the many years God will give us :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to sit in one of those boxes! So fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow!! i ditto Rachel. I didn't know you got to sit in a box :) that opera house looked so classy!

    ReplyDelete