Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Autumn Nostalgia

This week I was really missing Fall-- the brightly colored leaves that form a warm palette lining the roads, feeling the brisk air on my face, corn mazes, pumpkin patches, and the all around emotion that Fall stirs within me of new beginnings and longing for change.  The girl from Kansas misses Kansas.


It's strange getting used to palm trees and 80 degree weather during this time that I would normally be pulling out my thicker jackets and closed toe shoes (still wearing flip flops and tank tops here).  :)  And my perceptive mom sent Israel and I a surprise package this week which consisted of some Fall goodies-- a ziplock bag of orange and red leaves, several hand-knit wash cloths, a Fall picture, and some Fall-themed napkins.  It was nice getting a little bit of Kansas love in the mail.  I put the picture and one of the leaves on our fridge.




This week, the husband and I are going to carve pumpkins!  It's Israel's first time (and my second) carving pumpkins ever, so it will be fun.  :)

1 comment:

  1. that was so thoughtful! :) that picture is so vivid!

    ReplyDelete