Thursday, October 28, 2010

Chocolate Molten Lava Cakes

These have easily become my husband and I's favorite dessert, so I decided it was time to try and make them at home.  I found a great recipe on Pioneer Woman that looked fairly simple, and what I love about her blog is that she shows a step-by-step photo of what you should be doing.  It's very easy to follow along with her.  The cakes came out absolutely perfect!  I think this is truly the first time I can honestly say that.  I am the most proud of this dessert, and seriously you should really try making it.  It will ROCK your world!!


The white stuff is a failed attempt at my own whipped cream, but I've heard ice cream is also a great substitute to balance out the rich chocolate.


Sweet mercy.

Here's the recipe:
Ingredients:

4 pieces Semi-sweet Baking Chocolate
½ cups Butter
1 cup Powdered Sugar
2 whole Eggs
2 whole Egg Yolks
6 Tablespoons Flour
2 cups Real Whipping Cream 
2 Tablespoons Sugar

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Spray 4 custard cups with Pam and place on cookie sheet.
Microwave chocolate and butter in large bowl on high for about 1 minute, until butter is melted. whisk until chocolate is also melted.
Stir in sugar until well blended. Whisk in eggs and egg yolks. Stir in flour.
Divide between cups.
Bake 13-14 minutes until sides are firm and center is soft. Let stand 1 minute.
Combine sugar and heavy cream and whip until stiff.
Invert cakes on dishes and top with whipped cream.

      4 comments:

      1. It ROCKED the sweet mercy out of my world! :)

        I loved it! And I love you!

        ReplyDelete
      2. Yeah it did.

        And I love you too. :)

        ReplyDelete
      3. Looks good!! Can you post a link to all the baking instructions? "Molten" in a food description has always seemed a mystery to me... but maybe I, too, can make a molten dessert!!

        ReplyDelete
      4. I love PW. :)
        And that looks yummy!

        ReplyDelete