Thursday, October 14, 2010

Content in any Situation

Since moving away, I've really been learning the hard lesson of being completely content with Christ alone.  Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love being married and it is really the best thing that has ever happened to me.  I love my husband, and appreciate everything he's doing to help me make the transition to Miami a little easier.

But I left a whole life behind in Topeka-- all my close friends and family, a car, a job, and my complete comfort zone.  I've never moved away from Kansas, so I feel a bit like a little bird flying away (or south, really).  Some days are harder than others.  For the last couple of weeks, this intense loneliness during the day set in while Israel was at work and I was left by myself.  It's difficult to communicate with his family still, so sometimes I could really just use a friend to talk to.  Phone dates have helped, but it's different when it's in person.

I think more than anything, this move has really strengthened my relationship with the Lord.  I realize now more than ever how much I daily need Him.  It's not like I didn't need Him before, I just didn't recognize it as fully then.  I'm learning to accept where I am right now, that yes, maybe I don't have any friends or a real church body here yet, but soon.  I have a wonderful husband who loves me and encourages me to keep spending time with the Lord everyday.  This is a huge lesson in trusting and relying on God everyday.  And since I've started to just accept things as they are, I've started to be more content.

I went jogging/walking this morning at the school a few blocks away from our apartment, and it was a wonderful time spent in prayer and just letting go of more things out of my control.  Strangely enough, I feel more at peace now than I did all summer when I was in Topeka.  I'm falling more in love with my Lord, but not only that-- I'm loving the peace and contentment that only He can provide.  I haven't experienced that in quite a while, and it's nice.

1 comment:

  1. oh Lena, thank you for posting this. Paul knew how to be content whether in need or in plenty. Thankful for his example in the Bible. I am still working on contentment everyday here in E-ville. You are NOT alone!! You're doing such a good job at putting forth the effort to trust God in this. God can truly change our perspective of our circumstances. I love you

    ReplyDelete