Sunday, December 12, 2010

Craving, Craving, Craving...

I've put myself on a little no-sweets diet for the last few weeks (although I do still take in small pieces of chocolate... it's an actual need).

This is due to my excessive baking for the first few months of marriage... thus leading to me putting on a little bit of newlywed weight.  However, I've been trying to be a good girl!  And I haven't baked anything in quite a while.  I miss it.

I have a major sweet tooth, so this is no easy feat, let me tell you!  I am craving all kinds of pies, cookies, cakes and tarts.  I've got it bad.  To help ease my cravings (or maybe it's really torture), I've been looking at different sweet recipes online.  This is probably making it worse, because I can't seem to stop drooling over them!  Allow me to share a few with you...





Red Velvet Cake Balls, Chocolate Quesadillas, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bars, and Pumpkin Whoopie Pies.... oh my! I think I'm making it worse for myself.

Needless to say, I'm giving myself allowances at Christmas.  I can't wait to indulge!  And if I know my mom, I know she will definitely have a plethora of sweet treats around the house.  :)

5 comments:

  1. I love cakeballs! :)

    Good luck with the resistance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha!! In what world would looking at pictures of what you're craving help you to stop thinking about the craved item? Silly girl. Go eat some chocolate :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom's way of resisting chocolate was just to "smell it." And that's all she would need.. I don't think I have that much self-control!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! Rosalie is amazing!! I've told the people that I work with that summer is a mere 6 months away (and I'm going to be in a bathing suit for a good part of 2 months in Maine!) so they have the responsibility to tell me, whenever I attempt to eat a french fry, crouton, spoonful of beans, whatever "Put it down, fatty!" That's my newest dieting method. Some said they won't do it, but I have a few who say they'll help. You let me know how looking at pictures of what you want works. I could add that to the artillery.

    ReplyDelete