Sunday, December 19, 2010

From The French Chef


My husband picked up a French Chef DVD for me at the library, and having never watched much of the real Julia Child, I was pretty excited.  I watched several episodes before I came across the following quote, and now I'm sure that I love her.

“Whenever eggs are going to be cooked or made into something, they almost always have to be beaten up first.  And this, for some reason, prepares them for the dreadful things that are going to happen to them afterwards. I think we can see the egg yolks are rather nasty little people that need to be beaten and treated roughly… and just like you speak roughly to your little boy and beat him when he sneezes and then he’ll always do the right thing.  That’s how you have to feel about egg yolks."


1 comment: