Saturday, December 25, 2010

A Very Merry Wenger Christmas



The air is brisk, my mom's famous Christmas decorations are all throughout the house, warm cookies are readily available, and my whole family is together again.  It's going to be a great Christmas!  :)  I can't wait to see all of the other real Topeka people!

I love this time of year.  I love celebrating the birth of my Savior.  I remember the TBC series at church last year about Christ being the one true light at Christmas, and that really stuck with me.  In such a dark time, God promised the birth of the Messiah, of His Son.  I'm thankful to know Him, and I'm thankful that He's very much alive today.  I love this verse:

"The people walking in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of deep darkness a light has dawned... for to us, a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will rest on His shoulders. And He will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace..."
-Isaiah 9:1, 6

1 comment: