Monday, January 24, 2011

Living on these verses this week


"May all those who seek, inquire of and for You, and require you [as their vital need] rejoice and be glad in You; and may those who love Your salvation say continually, Let God be magnified!"
-Psalm 70:4, Amplified

"Trust in the Lord and do good, dwell in the land and feed on faithfulness... commit your way to the Lord, trust also in Him and He will act."
-Psalm 37: 3,5, ESV

God's Word has been truly coming alive to me this last week, in a way that hasn't happened in a long time.  I'm thankful for this time right now, however hard it is, because the Lord gives me little glimpses of the future and I'm encouraged.  I want to rely on God's Word more and more, because I know this is what helps me the most.  Learning to trust God is one of the hardest things to do, but when I look back on so many other times when He's been incredibly faithful, how can I question His goodness?

1 comment:

  1. I've been WAY behind on reading your blog updates -- but I'm always very encouraged by them when I do get a chance to read them!

    I thought it was an amazing little kiss from the Lord that I was just thinking this morning on the verse from Psalm 70 that you posted a few weeks ago. But, I didn't get a chance to read it until this afternoon -- when I needed to be reminded of it once again.

    My heart is truly singing: Let God be magnified (in whatever He has in store for my day, my week, my life.)

    Thanks for sharing your heart!

    ReplyDelete