Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Still Learning

To edit my photos, I use Photoshop Elements.  Even though it's the more simple version of Photoshop, you still get most of the basic tools while not paying $800.  I got mine at the Washburn Bookstore for less than $60 with my Washburn ID.  

Anyways, I've been using this program for the last three years and just discovered a new technique last night!  It's the Adjust Color for Skin Tone feature, which allows you to adjust the levels of red and blue in portraiture shots.  I'll give you this example, which is of two dear ladies, Betty and Jayne.  This shot was taken in a bathroom and I did not want to use my flash, which brings out the natural light more but also has a tendency to make skin appear more yellow.  I was able to fix it though with my new favorite tool!


Before, unedited


After, using the Skin Color Adjustment tool

2 comments:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS! That picture is so cute! That program sounds very complex... much to learn. I'm glad this was an excuse for you to sharpen your photography skills :) So excited to see more... even if they were just bathtub shots. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! I still have a lot more to edit, but there's definitely some good ones! I think I actually love the bathtub shots the most... haha. :)

    ReplyDelete