Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Happy Groundhog's Day!

For those of you who actually have winter, it looks like Punxsutawney Phil has given you an early spring!  I was explaining to my husband about the significance of this day last night, and I thought, What an odd holiday.

In Kansas and in much of the Midwest, a blizzard has come through, swept through the streets and houses, living it in a Winter Wonderland.  It looks something like this:


This photo was taken two Christmas's ago at my aunt and uncle's house when we got a massive blizzard.  It's days like this that I know I'm living in another country.  I went for a walk this morning in 80-degree weather wearing shorts and a t-shirt.  Here's a view from my side of the country:


Sunny and actually hot.  I still can't believe I live here.  


Ducks are a pretty common sight in our neighborhood, and I spotted this little guy on my walk.  Due to my last encounter with a duck who looked a little too happy to see me, I was a little apprehensive about approaching this one.  But when it comes to getting the good shot, you gotta take one for the team.

On another note, I'm pretty sure I made the best chicken of my life last night.  I wish I had taken a picture of it now... it was monumental.  I mixed some bread crumbs with garlic powder, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper and used that to coat the chicken.  I then mixed up some noodles with sesame, soy and lemongrass.  Although I'm not really supposed to eat pasta or lots of salt, I did have a small portion.  I couldn't resist.  

3 comments:

  1. Sooooo jealous. And I would like you to come fix me some of that chicken, please. :) Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do have to say, I miss the snow... a little. :) And I'll get right on preparing that for you, little miss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miami weather is certainly pretty awesome! You'll love it Rachel!

    And honey, the chicken was really, really fantastic! I want more! And also, great shot of the duck! Very nice! Very brave!

    ReplyDelete