Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

I have always liked Valentine's Day, however cheesy that might seem or however much I protested it in my single days (calling it Black Tuesday or Black Wednesday and wearing black).  But the truth is I always wanted a real valentine... someone who I truly loved and who truly loved me back with the same intensity.

For those of you who don't know how I met my husband, we met through my previous blog and began an online/long distance romance before we met in person almost a year ago.  Last year, since Israel and I were still apart and hadn't met each other yet, we had a Skype date every night so we could at least see each other.  For Valentine's Day, he sent me a different thing during the week for our virtual date... a bouquet of tulips, a CD we would both listen to during our dinner date, and a candy bar for dessert.


From my end of the computer


I kicked my family out of the house and Israel went to a friend's house to set up a romantic dinner.  


He had chocolate covered strawberries prepared and a whole table decorated in Valentine's style.  


It was unique and it was really special.  But I prefer in person worlds more:


We celebrated our Valentine's over the weekend, since Israel works a long day today.  We went to a movie, did a little shopping, had dinner at Macaroni Grill and went to this place I've been dying to go to called Bahama Breeze for dessert.  It was lovely spending the whole day together.


I love my hubby!!!

3 comments:

  1. :) :) I love you so much honey! I've been blessed beyond measure having you as my wife. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so incredibly sweet. I had dinner plans tonight but my husband is sick so I canceled them. Now we are eating Indian food at home. BTW, I love Bahama Breezes empanadas with the apple salsa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the most romantic story I have heard in a long time! So, so sweet!

    ReplyDelete