Tuesday, February 1, 2011

You know you're living in the tropics when...

A tiny frog somehow gets into your apartment and starts a panic attack.

Last week, as I was walking into the bathroom I thought I saw something move on the rug by the door, but I wasn't sure.  When I came back to the kitchen and picked up a dish to start washing a load, I spotted this same thing hopping.

Looking down, I noticed that it was a tiny brown frog.  I'm not sure why this scared me so much, but I started screaming as if it were a mouse.  Frogs had never scared me before, I'm not sure why this time was any different... but I've also never had one in my house.

I shouted for my husband to come catch the little critter and save me, but as it hopped closer to me, I reached an all new level of hysteria and cried out:  "Get out of here!" to our tiny intruder.

Things are not well when you're found talking to tiny frogs.

2 comments:

  1. I saved you honey! :) And your little scream was very cute. We still laugh about it! :)

    ReplyDelete