Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Adventure at Harry Potter World

My husband and I just got back from a fun weekend trip to Orlando, where we spent our days wandering around Magic Kingdom and Harry Potter World.  I had really been looking forward to Magic Kingdom, but was surprised by how much more I enjoyed Islands of Adventure.... I mean there's Harry Potter, obvio, but it was a much more relaxed atmosphere there.


Hogsmeade!!

We spent most of Sunday at Harry Potter World, and it was truly magical.  It was my first time there, and I was so impressed by how much it really did feel like Hogwarts and Hogsmeade.  All of the stores and restaurants mentioned in the books are there in the little village-- Zonko's, Ollivander's, Honeydukes, etc.  We didn't go into all of the stores because of the long lines going out the door, but we did look around at most of them.


Oh yes, and I let Israel wear my Edna glasses the whole time... best idea ever.

The first thing we did was get in line to ride The Forbidden Journey, the ride that goes through the castle.  We waited about an hour and a half, but it went pretty fast as the line kept moving the whole time.  And the wait was well worth it!  That was one of my favorite rides from both days!  I just wish I had brought my camera with me onto the ride.  I had to store my big one in a locker, and didn't even think to take my smaller one out.  But my husband did snap a few shots as we toured through Hogwarts.



We ate lunch at the Three Broomsticks which was a pretty fun experience.  Wooden tables and chairs made for a pretty genuine atmosphere, and the food was delicious!  And the butterbeer.... oh, the butterbeer.  I hadn't known how to imagine the taste, but it went above my expectations.  It was frothy and creamy and very, very sweet.  I don't normally like overly sweet drinks, but I couldn't resist getting a refill before we went onto the other parts of the theme park.


Me and my Butterbeer mustache 

I do feel lucky that we live so close to Orlando that it makes for a quick trip.  It was so nice to get away, to get a little escape from the routine and stress and just be together, enjoying silly rides and immersing ourselves completely in Harry Potter World.  I'm so thankful for Israel, that he's so patient with me and will hold my hand as I'm freaking out on a ride that shouldn't have been so scary (Jurassic Park River Adventure).... He's a very good travel companion.  :)


More pics soon to come...

Sweet Shot Day


The Trendy Treehouse

7 comments:

  1. It was a pretty fantastic time my love! The Butterbeer was amazing! :)

    I love you very much and I will always hold your hand when you're freaking out, rides or not.

    :) Te amo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos! I really like the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you liked it!!!!!! Love the butter beer mustache pic :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awesome is Harry Potter Wold! I'd heard of it, but this is the first time I've seen pictures. Wow! Ever since the park opened, my mother in law has been wanting to go (she's a huge Harry Potter fan) though I think she may be envisioning a trip with grandkids . . . who have yet to be produced. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you!! :)

    And oh, if you like Harry Potter at all, you must go sometime! (children or not) ;) It was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish we lived closer together!! I loved reading about your Butterbeer adventure!

    ReplyDelete