Monday, March 28, 2011

Weekend Update

This weekend was full of good food, friends and family.  On Friday, we took Zach and Jenn to Vicky Bakery for their first experience with Cuban pastries.  It was fun visiting that place again- I don't think I've been back since my parents visited shortly after we got married.  After a delicious sampling of cafe con leche, pastelitos, and tostadas, we took the metro into the city and toured the history and art museum downtown.  We had a little car trouble on the way back home, but it was such a wonderful day, we (nearly) forgot about the car issue.

On Saturday, I experimented with a new brownie recipe to take to Marili and Vladi's (Israel's aunt and uncle) house that night.  It was so fun hanging out with Giselle and Deimy and playing Just Dance 2 and another game that Deimy mercilessly beat me at.  Giselle is 9, Deimy is 6 and they are both Israel's cousins, or "nieces," as he prefers to call them.  They're both so funny and adorable.  Vladi always has a story to tell about his days in Cuba, and he's a very animated, hilarious storyteller.  We stayed there until very early in the morning listening to his stories and playing with Joel and Giselle.

Yesterday we indulged in two lunches-- one with Zach and Jenn after church, and another with Darin and his family at an amazing Chinese restaurant in Miami Lakes.  Darin's mom still chides us for having our wedding on a Thursday, so we thought it would be fun to bring the wedding video over there to show them.  It was really fun to look back on that special day, and to me that feels like at least a year ago or more, and not six months ago.  So much has changed since then.

This weekend made me realize and appreciate just how much the Lord has truly blessed us with some amazing people in our lives.  I'm so thankful for each and every one of them.

Some photos from our adventure with the Oliva's in the city...











Sweet Shot Day

7 comments:

  1. The pictures are wonderful mi amor! :) It was a very fun weekend. And to me, it also feels like we've been married longer than 6 months. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love the Buena Vista open door bus photo. Great photo finish and composition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mi amor, thank you! I love you too. :)

    And Aasiya, thanks! I'm currently obsessed with "Seventies" filters and tones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the filters a lot - and love the foto of the cloud on the building. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had fun! I love how you edited these photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos! I love the soft colors. The clouds on the building are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cool pictures and processing. You have a great eye.

    ReplyDelete