Saturday, April 9, 2011

Serendipitous Discoveries

ser-en-dip-i-tous:  the faculty of making fortunate discoveries by accident.


Yesterday was another wonderful day in the Gables.  We explored Whole Foods and got several healthy goodies (yes they do exist!  But more on that in another post), ate a tasty dinner and read cookbooks at Books and Books, meandered around Miracle Mile popping in a few stores until we serendipitously came across our new favorite coffee shop.  I have been looking for a quirky local shop and was so pleased when we discovered this one at the very end of our walk.  Every time we come to Coral Gables I always see a bunch of fun restaurants that I want to try.  Maybe in a couple years we'll finally get to all of them.


My sweet man got me this for our 7 month anniversary.  I have been SO wanting it since it came out in February!



One of the top reasons why I love Books and Books so much


Israel Sanchez:  Published Author and Guest Speaker of the Night!  ;)


Roasted Turkey Panini with pear, brie and mango chutney = perfection.


We split the Dulce de Leche Cheesecake for dessert, which was gone in a matter of seconds


Gorgeous fountain in the most unlikely of places: a parking garage!


The best coffee shop in Coral Gables, maybe in Miami... Right behind the register is a wall of coffee beans from countries throughout Latin America:  Brazil, Colombia, Peru, Cuba, Guatemala, etc.  They let you choose which country your coffee should come from based on body, acidity, etc.


We both ordered cortaditos from Guatemala and I was so impressed by our barista's latte art!  


I couldn't stop taking pictures of these fun designs


My love enjoying his café!


A very cozy environment without the noise and blast of A/C you'll find at Starbucks.  We'll definitely be coming back here regularly!


Sweet Shot Day

7 comments:

  1. Oh yeah, we'll be going to Pasión del Cielo more often for sure! Great pictures honey! Especially the one with me as the famous author! ;) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks mi amor! I'm so happy to have found a new place! :) I love you too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh I want to go visit there now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...great shots and it looked you had a blast. Love the coffee mugs, the dinner/dessert, YUMMY!!

    Hmmm, now I want to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to find a tutorial on making foam faces in my coffee. Really nice pics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a fabulous date. I love the ones of the coffee.

    Marla @ www.blueskiesphotoblog.com

    ReplyDelete