Friday, April 8, 2011

Chocolate Blueberry Crisp

Remember that time I spilled Blueberry Crisp all over the floor?


Well, even though about half of it was gone, I put the rest in the fridge for about an hour and it was delicious.  Delish.  I ate this in two days and my poor hubby didn't even get to try it (although the oats probably would have scared him away).

This tastes great with yogurt or maybe even in ice cream, but it's just fine by itself, too.  I found a recipe on How Sweet Eats (of course) and adapted it a little to suit my own cravings.  I added a little bit of chocolate chips and bran flakes.  These additions added just the crispiness and sweetness I was wanting.  And because I was lazy, I mixed it up all in one big bowl.

Chocolate Blueberry Crisp:

1 c. oats
1/2 c. whole wheat flour
1/2 c. crushed Bran Flakes
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 c. butter, melted
1/4 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
3/4 c. blueberries, frozen

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  

In a large bowl, combine oats, flour, bran flakes, sugar, salt and cinnamon; mix until combined.  Melt the butter and and add it, along with the vanilla, to the oat mixture.  Stir until moistened.  Fold in the blueberries and chocolate chips.  

Butter and flour an 8x8 pan (I used a pie pan, because all of my 8x8's were in use... this worked fine though).  Press batter in the pan.  Bake for 20 minutes, then let cool completely.  

And oh yes, one final note:  Keep your hands steady as you pull it out of the oven.  These taste better out of the pan than on the floor.  ;)

1 comment: