Saturday, April 23, 2011

Homemade White Chocolate Peanut Butter


I think I've got a serious addiction.  I'm not sure my husband will ever understand why I love peanut butter so much (he didn't grow up with it, so he hasn't acquired a taste for it... yet).  But I could eat it on almost anything-- toast, yogurt, oatmeal, with chocolate, etc.  So naturally, when I saw this on How Sweet Eats, I had to try and make this myself.  






Seriously, make this now!  I promise you'll love it.  :)  


Homemade White Chocolate Peanut Butter*
Makes about 3/4 cup

1 1/2 c. Dry, Salted Roasted Peanuts
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 1/2 T. Canola Oil
1/2 c. White Chocolate Chips

Add peanuts to a food processor and blend until a thick nut butter forms.  Stream in oil and vanilla with the processor on, continuing to run it until the mixture is smooth (this could take anywhere from 2-4 minutes).  Add more oil if needed, but in small increments.  Turn off processor, and melt white chocolate over double boiler or in the microwave.  Add melted chocolate, turn processor back on and blend until smooth.  

Store in the fridge for up to three weeks.

*This only makes about 3/4 of a cup, but I did add a little bit more to make mine last just a bit longer.  You can always double this recipe so you can have a nice full jar!

1 comment: