Thursday, April 28, 2011

My parents in Miami-- Day 1

My parents have been in Miami with us since Monday night and they just left this morning.  I can't express how much those few days were such a blessing to me.  I haven't seen them since Christmas, so it was just refreshing to spend some time with them.  And this time, the goodbye wasn't so bad since we will be visiting Topeka in early June.  :)

My parents mainly came to drive down my sister's old car she gave to me to use, but it was also the perfect opportunity to stay a few days.

On Monday night, I had dinner ready when Israel and my parents got here-- a spinach salad with cucumber, tomato and feta and Spaghetti Pie (which I need to write up the recipe for sometime in the future).  It was a bit of a shock to see my parents outside our apartment since the last time they were here was back in September.  We took everything over to my parents' hotel where we ate dinner picnic style in their room.  For dessert, I wanted to surprise my chocoholic mom with these brownies.  They are seriously goooood.


After sufficiently stuffing ourselves, we all enjoyed a little evening stroll down by the water.  My parents were pretty exhausted after driving all day so we called it an early night.


3 comments:

  1. awwwwwwwwww! It's always sad saying goodbye! luckily its not goodbye for very long! =) Your parents are so supercute! <3 love that photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that is a great photo of you and your folks. I always think of Mark Leenarts when I say that word- folks- which is really pretty rarely... I guess they're coming over tomorrow night for a Dinner for 6. I think I'm going to try and rub some Sanchez off of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh thanks! And say hello to my parents for me! Btw, I'm still getting used to my new last name, it always surprises me when people call me "Mrs. Sanchez."

    P.S. I rarely use the word "folks" either. Must be a generational thing.

    ReplyDelete