Saturday, April 16, 2011

Running on a Soufflé

Yesterday was delightful.  We slept in late (well, 10:30 for me and a little later for Israel) and had a nice leisurely breakfast.  We then headed over to Barnes and Noble and read for three whole hours!  It was bliss.  I also packed a little lunch for us to eat there (I know, tacky, but whatever- it saves money)-- a tomato and spinach sandwich on a piece of wheat bread with a mustard/hummus spread for me, and a turkey sandwich for Israel.

I'm so glad I married someone who loves to read as much as I do.  Really, fellow readers are hard to find.  I haven't really read a good book in a long time, but lately I've read Black Heels to Tractor Wheels (Pioneer Woman's book about meeting her husband, a very entertaining and light read!) and am currently reading French Women Don't Get Fat, which I am loving.

Later, I made dinner and randomly decided to make chocolate soufflés in my convection oven. That thing has no limits!  This was my first attempt at any kind of soufflé and it really wasn't as hard as people make it out to be.  I used a darker chocolate, but I think next time I'll try a little lighter one.  They turned out pretty well!  I served them with some homemade vanilla whipped cream.  I'll post a recipe soon for these.  :)

This morning my stomach was hurting from too much soufflé and cream and I felt like a zombie, due to not getting enough sleep.  But I decided to go for my run anyways and even though it rained on me a little, I ended up running 4 miles!  I have now beat my record!  I know that doesn't sound like a lot, but that's the furthest I've ever run in my whole life.  I hope I can continue to get better.  My legs weren't even hurting at the end.  

Tomorrow is Christopher's birthday party, which is going to be a pretty big event!  Lots of Cubans in one place, food, probably dancing... pretty standard stuff.  I'm going to be making lots of Oreo Truffles tonight to bring to the party.  

Also, there are some changes on the blog!  I added a "Recipes" and "Life in the 305" tab to get a little better organized and just for easy blog browsing. Hope you enjoy them, and I'll be constantly updating those sections, so please keep checking back.  :)

6 comments:

  1. I'm very proud of your 4 miles baby! And the soufflés were really great, very fancy! The whip cream was delicious! Anyway, I love to read and I love you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know how you like French Women Don't Get Fat when you're finished! I'm intrigued! <3 Def going to google it now =)

    hooray for new tabs! I just added my about me finally after not having one for 7 months. haha whoops!

    xoXOxo
    Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mi amor, thank you! And I love you too. :)

    Jenn, I will let you know! I'm planning on writing a review of it on my blog probably in the next week or so (I am flying through it).

    ReplyDelete
  4. ouu yum on the souffles! :) Never tried making those...do they take a lot of time?
    Way to go on the 4 miles!!! woo! that's great! You've sure beat Justin on that one. heehee. You're inspiring me! Btw, i love your new addition with the tabs. I hadn't read your blog in a while and saw those. I've missed reading it. All your new and exciting ideas on recipes and looking at the vivid and very clear pics from your awesome camera!! :) You're a great "blogger" and writer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. woops, this is Renae. "Randy" is Justin's fake name on his gmail account...heehee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the comment, "Randy!" Hahaha, that's awesome. Why does he use a fake name?

    ReplyDelete