Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Simple Pleasures

1.  Eating one of these muffins every morning, dripping with extra peanut butter smattered on top.  Oh my.

2.  Since Israel switched to the new library branch and now gets up at 7:30 every morning, I just get up when he does.  I used to go back to sleep until 10 or so all the time the first few months that we were married.  Now I love my early mornings filled with running, coffee, breakfast and reading.  It's definitely a luxury that I will miss once I start working.

3.  The way my husband smiles at me, like I'm the most important person in the world to him.  It's something I don't ever want to take for granted.  I'm so humbled by all of the things he does for me and by how much he loves me.

4.  Watching "Mostly Martha" last night with Israel while eating Spaghetti Pie (a new recipe I tried and we both loved!).  The movie "No Reservations" was based off of this German film about the love of food, cooking and the absolutely beautiful love that can happen between guardians and their adopted children.

5.  The book I am currently reading:  Bella Tuscany.

6.  Chocolate + peanut butter + oatmeal = Bliss.

2 comments:

  1. Mi amor, you are the most important person in this world for me. I love you so much and I am blessed by how much you love and take care of me.

    And yes, the spaghetti pie was simply spectacular, a celebration of taste! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, my love. :) I love you too!

    ReplyDelete