Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A Trip to Whole Foods

The hubby and I went to Whole Foods last weekend, because I was wanting such things as White Chocolate Peanut Butter.  Is there anything more wonderful-sounding than that?  Seriously.  I'm not a vegan, nor do I think I could ever rule out butter, eggs or milk from my diet entirely, but I do sometimes prefer the healthy, organic stuff over highly processed items at most grocery stores.  This place has some pretty amazing stuff.  I was really impressed by the variety of produce and it all looked so clean and fresh, which was really nice to see.

When we got to the nut butter section, I just had to take a moment.  I don't know how I've gone so long without even hearing about different kinds of peanut butter.  We were there for about an hour, but I could have stayed so much longer and probably eaten about everything in the store (almost).



We didn't end up buying this.  We just thought it was pretty funny that Israel, the chosen one, was holding the chosen beer.


David's Salt. Heh, heh.  Right after I snapped this, a man came up to us and asked me if I had permission to take this country's picture.  He then proceeded to ask Israel if he knew what black people looked like. When Israel replied, "Well, they have dark skin," the man just said, "You're Jewish and you don't even know what black people look like."  As we excused ourselves and walked away, the man creepily whispered under his breath, "Don't forget about the beautiful black people."  It was a (funny) strange moment for sure.

Here are some of the goods we brought home:


This brand of hummus or hommos?  was Buy 1, Get 1 Free!  



Strangely addicting.  I couldn't help but think of my oldest sister who gets a thrill out of such interesting combinations.


Clif Bars will forever make me think of Ireland.  


This baby has 23 grams of Protein just in one serving!



So French right now.


A-mazing.

5 comments:

  1. so. utterly. jealous.

    =) I miss whole foods!!!!

    xoXOxo
    Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww do you have a Trader Joe's near you at least? I wish we had that in Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahha, that man was so crazy! I should have gone Jerry McGuire on him. I love black people!!

    ReplyDelete