Thursday, May 12, 2011

Benadryl to the Resue

Well, I caught the bug my husband had on Sunday.  Yesterday, I woke up feeling awful and with an extremely sore throat.  I spent the afternoon at Barnes and Noble, reading and looking at job sites, but my sore throat got worse and I started feeling really congested, too.  I spent the rest of the day in bed, sending out my resume and applying for several jobs, while watching episodes of Bethenny Ever After.  Yes, trashy reality shows are my guilty pleasure.  Real Housewives, anyone?

It's kind of inevitable when your spouse is sick that you will soon be, too.  I'm glad that at least this is only a 24-48 hour bug, with just cold symptoms mainly.  My whole body started feeling really achy, so I took some Benadryl last night before I went to sleep and it definitely helped me get through the night.  I didn't even hear my alarm go off or wake up when Israel got out of bed this morning.  I'm still feeling a little groggy, due to the Benadryl effects.  I've been drinking lots of green tea with honey and lemon and lots of water, too.  I wanted to go running this morning, but obviously that wouldn't have been the best idea.  I think the only place I'll be going today is to Walgreens to buy more tea and tissues.

I made a summer reading list recently, and Israel came back with the first book on my list the other day-- The Sharper Your Knife, the Less you Cry.  I started reading it two days ago and am pretty far into it already.  This book is about a woman who lost her corporate job in London and decides to take a huge risk, investing her savings and enrolling in Le Cordon Bleu as a culinary student in Paris.  I'm really liking it!

2 comments:

  1. THIS IS TOTALLY WHAT HAPPENED TO ME! P came home with some plague and I woke up this morning with a scratchy throat and a fever! I still have it =/ wahhhh!!!!! poor us!!!!!! Totally not fair =( Hope you feel better in the morning love!

    xoXOxo
    Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, sorry you're sick too! No fun :( hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete