Saturday, May 7, 2011

Blueberry Cream Cheese Pound Cake

I told you I would start the recipe sharing love soon!  :)  I'll start with this cake because it is the most fresh on my mind and because it tastes amazing.  Buttery, dense yet very moist (is that an oxymoron?), and it just melts in your mouth.  The cream cheese addition is what sets it over the top.  I'm pretty sure you could add any kind of fruit to this recipe and it would taste divine.  I had blueberries on the mind (and in the freezer) so I chose those.

I found this on Tasty Kitchen by Bakerella and it had great reviews so I thought I'd try this one.  The original recipe makes two loaves, so I halved the recipe and modified it just a bit.  I made one loaf and I had a little extra but not quite enough for another, so I saved the batter and later filled two custard cups and put those in the oven for about half an hour.  I flipped them upside down with a plate and and took them out of the molds.  The loaf was delicious but I really liked the shape of the custard cup size, too!  Like I mentioned earlier, Israel and I ate up this whole thing in two days!  So all I have to show for a photo are these molds.


Here is my modified recipe:

Blueberry Cream Cheese Pound Cake:
Adapted from Bakerella
Makes 1 loaf

Ingredients:
1 1/4 c. Flour, sifted
1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 c. plus 2 T. Butter, Room Temp.
4 oz. Cream Cheese, Room Temp.
1 1/2 c. Sugar
3 Eggs, Room Temp.
1/2 tsp. Vanilla
1/2 c. Milk, Room Temp.
1 c. Frozen Blueberries, or another type of fruit you prefer (Optional)

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.  

Sift flour and baking powder in a medium-sized bowl; set aside.  Cream sugar, butter and cream cheese for about 5 minutes, using a mixer.  Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.  Add vanilla milk and until combined.

Gradually add flour mixture until combined.  Fold in blueberries with a spatula.

Pour batter into one greased and floured loaf pan.  

Bake for about 60 minutes or until done.


2 comments:

  1. It was very delicious honey! And the pictures are really great!

    ReplyDelete