Thursday, May 19, 2011

One of Those Weeks


It’s been a tough week and it’s put me in a weird funk lately.  Last week we were doing laundry next door, when our landlord’s wife came by and handed us a nice letter.  Basically, the letter said that they had some kind of family emergency and were forcing everyone to move out by the end of June.  This was completely unexpected and seemed so unfair when the landlord had just come by the week before and hadn’t said a word about this.  

We’ve been wanting to move sometime this summer anyways, but not quite this soon and not without a little preparation and more saving first.  I was really upset, angry and scared.  Scared because moving costs a lot of money with having to pay for a hefty deposit on a new place plus a more expensive rent.  I’ve been applying at lots of places but am still looking for a job.  And with all of this happening, I’ve been feeling the pressure a whole lot to find one.  And soon.  

So, because we now have to save every penny we can in order to find a new place, we will not be able to visit Kansas next month.  :(  Hopefully we'll be able to come in August or September.  I'm totally bummed about this.  As crazy as it sounds, I miss Topeka a lot and the Midwest in general-- not to mention my family and friends.  So I'm hoping we'll be able to visit as soon as we can.  I really hate being so far away from my family.

A couple days after we got the news about having to move out, our power was out for a day and I lost a lot of stuff in our fridge.  It's just been one of those kind of weeks.  I know I've had a really bad attitude towards all of this and I need to change it.  I really don't handle stress well.  Israel has been so good at encouraging me that in the midst of all this craziness, God still has a plan and He's working right now even if we can't really see it.  I want to have more faith like my husband.  

This is a verse I came across right after all this happened and it blessed me so much:

"I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. I said, you are my servant; I have chosen you and have not rejected you. So DO NOT FEAR, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:9-10

3 comments:

  1. Oh honey! I couldn't believe it when I read your text saying you had to move. How sudden! It really isn't fair or right. Maybe you guys will be able to find something that suits you better? I hope so. I know that you will get a job soon. Keep your head up and don't let the stress of these unpleasant changes consume you. Call me soon! I love you and miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! That really is unfair. And why doesn't money just grow on trees already? :-P

    I'll be praying for you guys to find a good apartment soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Tricia. :) Things are already starting to look up, and I know everything will work out. Glad we could catch up before you left! Love you too, m'lady.

    And thank you, Emily! I appreciate your prayers. And I've been wondering for a long time about the money tree thing, too.... When will it become a reality??

    ReplyDelete