Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Pantry Soup Recipe + Exciting News!

Hello, my lovelies!

I'm sorry for the lack of posts lately.  It's been pretty stressful for us with looking for apartments plus my looking for jobs and I haven't been feeling so "blog" inspired due to my level of huge stress (which is my fault... I need to learn how to stop worrying and trust God more!  He obviously knows what He's doing).

I've applied for dozens of jobs but hadn't really heard back from any of them except for Macy's.  That was one of the first places I applied to and immediately got an email telling me to schedule myself an interview. Well, I went for my interview yesterday and it went so well that the manager immediately asked for me to wait a few minutes so I could get a second interview with another person!!  My second interview only lasted a few minutes, which was significantly shorter than my first one which lasted about half an hour, and I got hired!!!  :)  I'll be working in the Cosmetics Department as a "floater," which basically means that I'll probably be working at different counters each week.  I always loved playing dress-up when I was a little girl and thought it would be fun to work in that department!

It all happened so fast and I literally did float out of there, I was just so happy and excited!  Once again, I am humbled by how faithful God is and has been in my life.  It's so scary when the future looks so uncertain but God always provides!!

This job does have a base rate that I will be paid plus Commission, which is a first for me since I've never worked in retail before.  So that will definitely be interesting!  I start my training on Wednesday.

On another note, I do have a really simple recipe to share with you.  This meal came together one night when I literally had no idea what to make for dinner and was scrounging around in all of the cabinets!  The best part is that you are sure to have all or at least most of these ingredients right in your pantry.  I made it up myself and it literally takes about half an hour or so to make!  I'm so Rachael Ray right now.



Pantry Soup:
Serves 3-4 

2 T. Olive Oil
1 10 oz. Can of Corn
1 Mini Can Mild Green Chilis
1 14 oz. Can Diced Tomatoes
1 14 oz. Can Black Beans
1 1/2 C. Chicken Stock
1 Large Onion, Chopped
3 Cloves of Garlic, Minced
1 Green Pepper, Chopped
2 Chicken Breasts, Cooked and Shredded
1/2 tsp. Oregano
1 tsp. Cumin
1/2 tsp. Cilantro
1/2 tsp. Parsley
1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp. Cayenne 
1/4 tsp. Paprika
Salt & Pepper to taste

I feel strange calling this a recipe since it's sooo simple to put together!  In a large pot, saute onions in Olive Oil until translucent, then add in garlic and saute for 1 minute.  Add Chicken Stock until almost boiling and then add all of the ingredients.  Simmer for about 30 minutes, then reduce heat to low for about 5 minutes.  Just be sure and keep tasting it to see if it needs more salt or any other spice you feel it's lacking.  This tasted even better the next day after everything had a chance to get acquainted with each other!  I sprinkled some Mozzarella cheese on top for a little creamier taste.  Even my veggie-fearing husband loved this!  ;)

1 comment: