Saturday, May 14, 2011

Sickies

Well, I'm still sick.  I thought this little illness would pass quickly, but it's been hanging around a little longer.  I haven't been able to breathe through my nose due to all the congestion and I've got a terrible headache.  I haven't felt like doing much of anything the last few days.

On Monday, I woke up and thought the air smelled like a camp fire.  Israel couldn't agree because at that time his nose was the one that couldn't smell anything.  Well on Tuesday, I woke up thinking the same thing.  It turns out there was a huge wildfire in Collier County, which isn't really that close, but firefighters had still been working on extinguishing the fire.  The wind has been carrying the smoke into Miami and I guess there was even an air advisory earlier this week.  Apparently it's been affecting people with respiratory problems, and they've been telling people not to be outside exercising or spending much time outdoors because of the possible air pollutants.  So this could be why both Israel and I have gotten these strange colds.  Crazy!

On another weather-related note, it seems like there have been an outstanding number of natural disasters lately-- earthquakes, floods, tsunamis, tornadoes.... just the weather on crack or something.  Hurricane season is coming up and honestly, I'm scared.  Tornadoes I'm familiar with, but this is a whole new territory.  I guess the "good" thing about hurricanes is that there's at least a few days warning so you're not totally unprepared.  But I trust in the Lord, and I know He's got me!  :)

Happy weekend, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Oh He's got you alright honey! Plus your husband has had some experience! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, he sure has! ;) I love you!

    ReplyDelete