Thursday, May 26, 2011

Springtime is for Babies

My husband and I currently watching the Heat/Bulls game on TV which is a pretty major game because if the Heat wins, they will go to the Finals!  I can't even believe I just wrote that.  I'm not a huge sports person, but lately I've really been enjoying watching the Heat play.  Basketball is probably the only sport I can watch on TV without getting bored.  My husband is a huge Heat fan and gets very animated during a game... he keeps scaring me by clapping and yelling.  :)

Anyways, I wanted to tell you about this little story of mine.  Last week as I was leaving the apartment, I walked out the door and literally almost stepped on a bunch of baby ducks!  They scattered with their mother leading the pack away from the door and I immediately grabbed my camera.  I don't think I'll ever get over the sheer cuteness of baby ducks.  Or baby anythings.






Oh my goodness.  Cuties!  Don't you love that they even have signs for duck crossings?  I think it's so polite that even in a huge city like Miami, a whole stream of cars still stop for a mother duck and her babies crossing the road.

I saw these guys a few different times by our door throughout the day but they were gone the next day.  I think the mama duck was a little leery of me and my camera.  At first I thought that these were the little babies that had hatched by our house, but found the expectant mother still sitting safely on her eggs.


She's gotten used to us passing by her spot everyday and I always check on her to see if they have hatched yet.  She doesn't jump up every time we pass by though and is pretty quiet now.  I think it should be any day now when the eggs will finally hatch!  

What about you guys?  Do any of you have birds' eggs waiting to be hatched or have you seen any sightings of baby birds lately?  :)

1 comment:

  1. So precious! I love baby ducks.

    We had a momma and daddy finch build a nest by our front door, and they had three little babies. :) But they are all grown up and gone already.

    ReplyDelete