Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Just a Bowl of Oats

So, this was breakfast the other morning:


Don't let the fact that this bowl is setting on the stovetop confuse you-- it was cold.  Israel and I didn't realize we had to call the gas company before we moved in to make sure the gas was on, so we were without an oven for the first few days at the new place.  Fortunately they came by today before I left for work to turn it on.


But my, it sure was a a good bowl of oatmeal.  In the bowl was oats, peanut butter, vanilla almond milk, and lots of cinnamon.  My Cuban in-laws cannot understand my love for peanut butter (not really a thing over there), but I seriously could not go a day without it.  They also can't understand why Americans like their coffee so strong and not sweetened with about five tablespoons of sugar like theirs.  ;)


Coffee, oatmeal, and Gilmore Girls makes for the perfect morning for me.  

2 comments:

  1. Maybe six tablespoons of sugar, my sugar ;)

    Te amo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! That extra tablespoon really makes a difference! Te amo tambien, mi vida!

    ReplyDelete