Saturday, June 18, 2011

Moving Day

Hello!

This is hopefully going to be a quick post because I'm blogging at Starbucks (no Internet at our new place) and I'm leaving for my late shift at Macy's in a little bit!  To catch you all up...

We moved into our new apartment yesterday!!  We spent the whole day making a few trips back and forth with various loads with the help of our friend Omar.  I think we picked the perfect day to move because it was 94 degrees outside, which was a great time to move into our new A/C apartment!  After we made the last trip from our old place to the new one, we started a load of laundry (with the washing machine conveniently located right across the hall), ordered a pizza and began unpacking our clothes, books, movies and kitchen stuff.  I tackled the bathroom and kitchen while Israel worked in the living room filling almost all of our shelves with books and DVD's.  I think this is my husband's favorite feature-- it's been a dream of his for a long time to have a shelf full of books and books.  :)

We were so exhausted after a very full day of moving, so we showered and relaxed in our bedroom (it's awesome now having a room just for the bed!) with a little bit of reading time.  I'm so thankful for this place.  All morning today I just felt like I could breathe again.  I'm thankful for A/C and I'm thankful that we can actually move around in our apartment.  Thank you all for praying for us!  It's hard to believe that a little over three weeks ago I didn't have a job and we didn't know where we would be living!  But God always provides, no matter how dire your circumstances look.

Here are a few photos from yesterday:


Our old efficiency/studio apartment right before we began hauling things outta there!  To the left is the kitchenette and bathroom.  


Someone's excited!


In our new living room!  We set up a makeshift table and were pretty excited to eat some pizza!



Hot and sweaty but oh so happy to be in our new place!  :)

I'm off to work!  I will post some more pictures of the new apartment soon once we get it a little more organized.  Happy weekend and Happy Father's Day!

4 comments:

  1. Oh yeah honey, those shelves of books and DVDs are really amazing! Well, the whole place is too. Like you said, "But God always provides, no matter how dire your circumstances look." Amen, honey. I love you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job at filling all of our shelves, they look awesome! :) I love you so much too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got a chance to catch up on your blog again -- and I'm so excited for you! Sounds like so many fun things are coming together, and I love how your blog is full of praise for the Giver of every good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Magen! That's so sweet of you. This is definitely an exciting time, and I feel like we just moved into our first real home. :)

    ReplyDelete