Thursday, June 16, 2011

Moving Things

Good morning, darlings.

I'm working at the Clinique counter today and then tonight we are picking up the keys to our new apartment!  We hadn't packed much until last night because with no A/C it's simply much too hot to do much manual labor inside this place.  But we realized that we're moving in two days and we should probably pack a few things.  ;)

We boxed up all of our dishes using the tissue paper my sweet mama sent us and have about three to four boxes just of dishes!  This morning, I had forgotten that we packed up all the bowls so I ate my oatmeal right out of a glass.  :)  Since we don't have a lot of furniture, the majority of what we have left to pack is just clothing, movies and pantry things.  I'm hoping to clear out our freezer before we move at least, so I see lots of smoothies and meatless burgers in the near future.

Last night (or really I think it was early this morning) I had a dream that our landlady had lied to us about the new place.  We picked up our keys, expecting to see our private bedroom, living room and bathroom but instead the bedroom was a community room shared by everyone in the building with a bunch of twin beds, and the living room was the same way.  I started crying and told Israel I wanted to find a different place but our landlady wouldn't give us our deposit back.  It was awful!  And then I woke up and realized that the real place really isn't like that and we will have our privacy.  :)

My husband and I are moving out of our first home together.  There have been frustrations with this place, but it will always be special to me because this was our little love nest.  We stayed in an efficiency for the first nine months of our marriage, which is a story I'm sure we'll always be telling people.  I'll be posting some pictures of the new place soon.  I just can't wait to move in already and be all settled there.  It will be a little bare at first, but little by little we'll be filling it up with more furniture.  I'm just excited to eat dinner at a table like a real person!  hehe :)  My oldest sister Bekah is coming to visit very soon and I'm excited to show her around Miami!

And now for a random picture show!


We took Bertha and Jorge to TCBY last weekend because they have never had frozen yogurt before!  How could this be?!  Obviously we had to make some introductions.


Israel and I at Books & Books for our 9 month anniversary.  :)  My love gave me the earrings I'm wearing!


Unfortunately they were out of our favorite Dulce de Leche cheesecake, but they added caramel to this plain slice to spice it up a little.  It wasn't the same, but pretty tasty nonetheless.  :)

2 comments:

  1. We are already settled honey! You are so beautiful mi amor! I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you my love! It's so nice to be a little more settled in now. :) I love you too!

    ReplyDelete