Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Eat Your Spinach Smoothie


I've seen these Green Monster Smoothies on the food blog world for a while now, and I've been a little skeptical... can you REALLY taste the spinach??

So I decided to finally try it out at home, and I must say that it is now one of my favorite smoothie concoctions!  I love making this combo right after a long run or a good and sweaty workout.  The greens give you the perfect energizing boost to start your day (or end it)!


Do not let the green color or the fact that this has spinach in it scare you away.  I promise that you cannot even taste it... it literally tastes like peanut butter and banana only.  It's a great way to get your greens in without even really tasting them.

Here's what you need:


Eat Your Spinach Smoothie:
Serves 1-2 people (or 1 really hungry person)

4 Ice Cubes

3/4 C. Sweetened Vanilla Almond Milk

1/2 C. Water

1-2 T. Peanut Butter

1/4 C. Frozen Mango

1/2 Frozen Banana

1 tsp. Agave or Honey

1 C. Fresh Spinach, Washed and De-stemmed


Throw everything together in a blender and blend until the spinach has turned into tiny specks.  If possible, serve in a Butterbeer mug.  Because it's just fun.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy! and of course I'm loving the presentation. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I thought of all people you would appreciate that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I have to admit that it is a little intimidating to me. I am scared to try it...but someday I will be brave enough and happy for this blog post! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Bible doesn't say anything about coveting your neighbor's Butterbeer mug, right? :-D I'm in love with smoothies lately but haven't added spinach to any. It just sounds weird.

    ReplyDelete