1. Larabars. I first saw these on the blogging world and am now hooked on them. Everytime I pass the Health Food section at Publix I can’t pass up buying one or two of them for a light lunch or snack at work. I love their simple ingredient list and the fact that they don’t use any chemicals or ingredients I can’t pronounce. My favorites are the Peanut Butter Cookie and Cashew Cookie, but I also love their newest Blueberry Muffin bar, too!
2. Messy side braids. It’s a terribly easy and lazy way to style your hair when you don’t feel like washing it or spending much time on it.
3. Aloe Vera Gel. Despite the fact that my husband and I put on sunscreen the last two times we’ve been at the beach, we both got fried. I put 50 SPF on my face this last time, and well, a pretty weak tanning oil on the rest of my body. I finally bought some Aloe at the grocery store after our most recent burn a week ago and have been religiously slathering it on a couple times a day. It is my friend.
4. Finger nail polish. Before I started working at Macy’s, I’m pretty sure the last time I applied nail polish to my fingernails was in middle school. I’m not even exaggerating. I just had preferred the natural look for so long. But I picked up a few vain rituals working in the Cosmetics Department, the most recent being painting my fingernails. FYI, do yourself a favor and save $25—don’t ever buy the nail polish from Chanel. It lasts about two days and begins peeling. For the record, I never actually bought the stuff…. I just sneakily did my nails at work a couple times during the slow hours.
5. Our latest wall art we acquired at Goodwill for $1. Lucille Ball is now my comrade in the kitchen. Just ignore the burn stains on my skillets, please. ;)