Monday, July 25, 2011

The Halls Come to Miami

Hello!

I can't believe it's been two weeks since I last updated the blog.  There's been a lot going on in my life personally, plus we don't have Internet at home yet, which makes it hard to update.

We do have a dining table and a floor rug for our living room now!  Little by little we will be getting more furniture and things for the apartment.


We finally have tons of shelf space for ever-expanding book collection!  And I still have a whole book shelf of books back in Kansas!

Renae and Justin (my middle sister and her husband) came out for a visit last week and they just left a couple of days ago.  I haven't seen them since Christmas and it was just wonderful having them here.  It's pretty amazing that even though I haven't seen Renae in about seven months, it never feels like a day has passed when I do see her.  There's never any awkwardness that happens sometimes with people you haven't seen in a while-- just sheer glee at seeing each other.  Heart-to-heart talks, tearful embraces, belly laughs and lots of "Wengerisms." There's really nothing like having your sister time.

We showed them around Miami and took them to some of our favorite places-- Vizcaya, our beloved French caf√©, Coco Limon, South Beach, Bayside, Miracle Mile, and they met most of Israel's family.  We had a wonderful time, and it was so nice to be see family from my side again.





2 comments:

  1. These were fun times indeed! I love you honey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They sure were, love! I love you too!

    ReplyDelete