Sunday, August 21, 2011

Hello

Hello, friends.

It's been a while since I've written anything, and I just wanted to let you know I'm still here.  It's been a bit of a crazy week, and on top of that, my laptop charger is broken.  I've ordered a new one online so I should be getting it in the mail sometime this week. 

I've been writing down several recipes for the last few weeks as I experiment with new ones in the kitchen, so I've got a few to share with you, including sugar cookies (created entirely by yours truly), split pea soup, and several casserole dishes.  I've also been reading like a madwoman so I've got several book reviews to share with you.

I'm not always sure what to write on here because lately my life has been pretty routine, not that I don't like it.  In general, my days begin with running or working out, eating a leisurely breakfast, heading to the library and applying for jobs, and back home for a few hours of reading a new book and then starting on dinner.  I know that may seem pretty luxurious to most of you, but honestly, I really would rather be working.  It's hard not to feel guilty for not quitting my job, because we're not in the kind of financial position for a one working person household.  So I continue to look for jobs and applying like crazy.  It's definitely a tough market out there right now. 

On another note, I got a bike!  It's a gift from my mom and Bekah, and it's such a blessing.  I was getting pretty frustrated with running as my only form of exercise, and it's so wonderful to have a bike again.  I haven't been on one in a year!!  It's definitely my preferred mode of working out.  Yesterday, I took it out for a spin around the golf course/country club trail and around some of the surrounding neighborhoods.  Yay for bikes!

I will write again soon.  I just have to steal one of those limited computers at the library.  But I shall do it.  Alos, a Happy Birthday to Renae, Mom and Justin who all have birthdays within four days of each other. 

No comments:

Post a Comment