Saturday, August 27, 2011

Summer Reading List

I've been reading like crazy this summer!  I think this is the most books I have ever read in such a short span of time from June until now.  I have a few reviews coming, but I don't think I will write a review of every single one, maybe just a short one.  Anyway, here's what I've been reading lately:


1.  The Help

2.  *Cooking for Mr. Latte

3.  Vanishing Acts

4.  Sarah's Key

5.  The Centurion's Wife

6.  The Paris Wife

7.  Kite Runner

8.  Water for Elephants

9.  Her Fearful Symmetry

10.  My Sister's Keeper

11.  The Walk

12.  *Eat, Pray, Love

Currently reading:

13.  The Alchemist

14.  Bright's Passage (was THRILLED that Josh Ritter's first novel had just come out!)

* = didn't finish

So, these have all been pretty interesting books.  Ironically, I really only liked about 4 of these books.  Weirdest one?  Definitely Her Fearful Symmetry.  Favorite?  The Help.  Hands down.  That will be my first review to come later today.

What's on your reading list?

2 comments:

  1. This is so inspiring. I seriously have not read at all this summer!! I have not made it through one single book :( I have been thinking about this and feeling guilty and illiterate. Reading the list of all of the books you have read, and your review of The Help, I am reminded that with some tweaking of how I spend my time, there will be time for literature. Promise: tonight, I will do some reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you've also been quite busy this summer, m'lady! I do have plenty of free time most days. But seriously, you should start with The Help. It's awesome!

    ReplyDelete