Tuesday, August 2, 2011

This Land is my Land

I never realized how beautiful Kansas is until I left it.


I don't think anyone who leaves the home they grew up in appreciates it for what it is until they've lived somewhere else.


My heart aches for home.  I miss the ability to drive thirty minutes in any direction and already be in the country, surrounded by huge skies and landscapes that stretch for miles.  I miss the sunsets-- glorious explosions of pinks, oranges and purples jetting across the sky.



I can't wait to be back there next month.  By the time we are there, it will have been nine months since I left... which is the longest amount of time I've ever been gone.  I'm eager to be back in my home state.

2 comments:

  1. Have a great time!, it´s always great to go back to your home town.
    Love from Spain
    Marialuisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! And yes, there's really nothing else like it.

    ReplyDelete