Thursday, September 1, 2011

Home Again

I'm here, and it's wonderful:


Well, not technically here.  But the place where abandoned houses can be found off the side of the highway.  On the way from the airport back to my parents' house (the house I grew up in), I almost swooned when I saw my first silo in nine months.  It's been a long time since I've been home.

I'd forgotten how peaceful it is here.  Quiet, room to breathe, the ability to get across town in only twenty minutes, and not to mention the lack of traffic.  It's magical.  I feel like I can breathe again.

We spent the night at Israel's aunt's house because she took us to the airport this morning.  I tossed and turned all night and maybe slept an hour, I was just too nervous and excited to be back.  Two planes later, we landed and my parents were there to greet us at Arrivals.  After eating only Delta cookies and Pop Tarts, Israel and I were quite hungry so we all ate at Mimi's Cafe afterwards.

My my, is it hot here!  I thought I would be escaping the heat a bit from Miami, but I could literally feel the heat rising from the ground.

I'm excited to spend some time with my family and some friends.  If you're in town and reading this, I'd love to see you!

1 comment:

  1. It was so good to see you!!! Miss you already :(

    ReplyDelete