Friday, December 2, 2011

19 Weeks

Good morning, lovelies!

As of yesterday, I am now 19 weeks!  So crazy how time flies.  Interesting story:  The first time I went to my doctor in Miami to see how far along I was, the nurse told me according to their "wheel" and the date of my last menstrual cycle, I should have been 19 weeks.  I think my mouth actually dropped and I said that simply couldn't be.  That caused a lot of confusion since I had stopped taking birth control at the end of April (not for the intention of becoming pregnant, just hated being on it).  And after you stop birth control it takes a while for your cycles to become regular again.  So, it was September and I still hadn't gotten my period but apparently I did sometime in July.  I don't think anyone really believed that I wasn't 19 weeks along until they did an ultrasound and found out I was exactly 7 weeks and 5 days.  Anyways...

I am now 19 weeks, for reals.  The baby is now about 6 inches long!  The last few weeks have been the best of my whole pregnancy and I'm so thankful for that.  It really is nice being around the rest of my family now during this time and it makes the whole process seem a little less daunting.  I have been experiencing a little more heartburn usually in the evening but it doesn't last for long at this point.  Soon, I may have to buy some Tums.  Occasionally, if I don't get enough sleep I do feel a little nauseous and I do get tired a lot easier.  But other than that, everything has been great.  The constipation and hemorrhoids have subsided for now, so that's a huge blessing.  And lately, I've been feeling more tiny kicks!  It's not consistent yet, but on most days I feel a little something now.

Current cravings:

- apples or oranges
- anything salty
- salt and vinegar chips and pickles
- salsa!!
- cheese
- cereal
- chicken

Current food aversions:

- peanut butter (although it sometimes alternates between a craving or aversion... strange)
- oatmeal
- bananas
- nuts

So... pretty much my old favorites have become my enemies.  And I still don't crave sweets.  I might eat a little bit of something if it's there but I won't go out of my way to find something sweet like before I got pregnant.


9 weeks


13 1/2 weeks


19 weeks

I am meeting my doctor here in Topeka on Monday, and we're hoping to find out the sex at that appointment!!  I say hoping because we don't have an ultrasound scheduled for that day but hopefully they'll be able to tell us on that day or soon at least!  

2 comments:

  1. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Those pictures are amazing!! I cannot wait to see you in February =D Also, glad you're feeling good right now in the pregnancy. If you find out the sex of the baby, are you guys going to keep it hush-hush for a little while?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, lady!! I'm so excited to see you when you come back for a bit!! What are the dates you'll be in Topeka? At first we were going to wait until Christmas to announce it, but I don't think I can wait that long. ;) So we're going to do a little gender reveal surprise for our families after we find out and once they know, we'll make it public!

    ReplyDelete