Friday, December 23, 2011

21 weeks (again)


The belly is really starting to pop!!  Even my belly button is really weird right now... not exactly an outie yet, but it looks like it's actually closing up.  I'm sure in a couple weeks it will definitely be an outie for sure.  Baby Girl is growing fast!  I went over to my friend Brittany's house this morning and it was fun to  compare pregnant bellies:


Brittany's about 7 1/2 months and I'm a little over 5 months.  I can only imagine how large I will be when I'm that far along!  Pretty sure I'll have to resort to waddling.  We're also both having girls, so it was fun to talk little girl things. :)

Israel went with me to my sonogram appointment on Tuesday morning and we were so excited to finally know if we were going to have a son or daughter.  The nurse had told me before that I needed to come in with a full bladder, so about an hour before my appointment I drank two bottles of water.  I already have to go to the bathroom all the time, so this felt a little like torture!  But it was all worth it when the ultrasound technician took us back into a dimly lit room, squirted some very warm gel on my stomach, and we caught sight of our baby swimming around.  



Those are her hands near her mouth.. so precious.

Our sweet baby kept putting her hands in her mouth and just wouldn't stop moving.  She had her legs closed right up until the end, so we were really nervous the whole time!  The technician measured the size of her head, arms and legs and we even got to see her tiny brain.  They told me that I'm actually measuring at 21 weeks and not 22, and my new due date is May 2!  Crazy.  So who really knows when this little one will decide to make her grand entrance into the world.  After she had measured everything, the technician prodded my belly a little bit to try and get Baby Sanchez to move and finally she uncrossed her legs.  At least we know she's a modest little lady.  After what seemed like the longest two minutes ever, we were told that we were going to be having a little girl!  

I teared up a little because I was really wanting a girl.  Of course, I would have been happy with a boy too, but I wanted at least one girl so I'm glad we'll for sure have one.  :)  Up to this point, I had only been looking at boy clothes, not wanting to get my hopes up too high, so I'm definitely excited to buy all kinds of adorable girl clothes!  The whole way home, I was just in shock.  I couldn't believe we had finally found out what we were having and that we could use the name we've been dreaming of for months (even before I got pregnant)... which will remain a secret until the birth.  ;)  

2 comments:

  1. You sweet baby girl is already lovely.
    MERRY CHRISTMAS!
    Marialuisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks so much, Marialuisa! Merry Christmas to you, too!

    ReplyDelete