1. Israel and I went on our first road trip together to Orlando to see these darlings:
Tricia's grandma Jayne and her twin sister (and my adopted grandma) Betty
And these darlings, too:
2. We finally bought our first real mattress and drove it back home on top of our car:
3. We started going to a small group through our church and met these two incredible people who would become our dear friends, Jenn and Zach:
4. Israel and I went back to Orlando a couple months later, this time to celebrate our 6 month anniversary. We enjoyed a day at Magic Kingdom and were stoked to try butter beer at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter:
5. Celebrated Mother's Day with all the Cuban mothers in the family and wished my mom in Kansas a merry Mother's Day as well. Everyone joked that soon I would be celebrating Mother's Day as a mom.... little did we know that by next year Baby Girl will most likely be born right before my first Mother's Day. :)
6. Israel and I moved out of our first home together, a teeny tiny studio apartment, and into our cozy and bigger apartment in Coral Gables:
7. I worked at Macy's for two months as a floater between Cosmetics and Fragrances, only to realize that retail definitely wasn't for me.
8. I turned 24 and my husband I celebrated my birthday a few days later with a very tasty dinner at Benihana:
9. We went back to Kansas for a lovely visit over Labor Day weekend. When we returned to Miami, I discovered this:
I was 7 weeks pregnant and no idea! Although it was a surprise to us, we quickly became very excited about our baby.
11. Israel and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary on September 9, the day after I found out I was pregnant. We first called our families and told them about the pregnancy and went out to a wonderful dinner at Olive Garden.
12. In November, my dad drove a truck down to Miami and we packed all our belongings into the truck and our car and moved 1500 miles across the country to Topeka.
After five months and a whole lot of morning sickness, we found out we were going to be having a little girl:
I'm so excited for 2012 and for all the new changes and adventures that will be poured into our lives! Happy New Year!