Friday, December 30, 2011

Best of 2011 in Pictures

I really can't believe this year is almost over!  It's pretty crazy how much your life can change in just one year, so I thought it would be fun to do another Picture Post recapping the year.  2011 has been another eventful year....

1.  Israel and I went on our first road trip together to Orlando to see these darlings:


Tricia's grandma Jayne and her twin sister (and my adopted grandma) Betty

And these darlings, too:


2.  We finally bought our first real mattress and drove it back home on top of our car:


3.  We started going to a small group through our church and met these two incredible people who would become our dear friends, Jenn and Zach:


4.  Israel and I went back to Orlando a couple months later, this time to celebrate our 6 month anniversary.  We enjoyed a day at Magic Kingdom and were stoked to try butter beer at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter:



5.  Celebrated Mother's Day with all the Cuban mothers in the family and wished my mom in Kansas a merry Mother's Day as well.  Everyone joked that soon I would be celebrating Mother's Day as a mom.... little did we know that by next year Baby Girl will most likely be born right before my first Mother's Day.  :)


6.  Israel and I moved out of our first home together, a teeny tiny studio apartment, and into our cozy and bigger apartment in Coral Gables:


7.  I worked at Macy's for two months as a floater between Cosmetics and Fragrances, only to realize that retail definitely wasn't for me.  


8.  I turned 24 and my husband I celebrated my birthday a few days later with a very tasty dinner at Benihana:


9.  We went back to Kansas for a lovely visit over Labor Day weekend.  When we returned to Miami, I discovered this:


I was 7 weeks pregnant and no idea!  Although it was a surprise to us, we quickly became very excited about our baby.

11.  Israel and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary on September 9, the day after I found out I was pregnant.  We first called our families and told them about the pregnancy and went out to a wonderful dinner at Olive Garden.


12.  In November, my dad drove a truck down to Miami and we packed all our belongings into the truck and our car and moved 1500 miles across the country to Topeka.  


After five months and a whole lot of morning sickness, we found out we were going to be having a little girl:


I'm so excited for 2012 and for all the new changes and adventures that will be poured into our lives!  Happy New Year!

5 comments:

  1. What a year it has been! You've done a great job describing 2011 with photos. Looking forward to your new chapter in 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It really has been an eventful year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this post!!!! 2011 has been a doozy of a year, in a wonderful way! Prospero Año Nuevo a ustedes :) I hope I get to spend a bit more time with you in 2012, and your wee one!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, lady! I hope I get to see you more in 2012 too!! How long will you be in Topeka before you go to Maine?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the recap of the past year for you and Isra. :) thanks for sharing dear sister!!

    ReplyDelete