Thursday, December 1, 2011

The Burger Stand

Happy first day of December!!  This is my favorite time of the year, from December 1 until the 31st and it's officially Christmas movie season.  We kicked it off with a viewing of "Elf" last night.  That movie just makes you happy.

I was going to share some lovely food pictures with you from yesterday when Israel and I tried The Burger Stand for the first time!  But somewhere in the move, I have lost my card reader for my smaller camera.  Sad day.

I was really excited to try this place because I have heard great things about it for months now.  After debating for a little while on where to eat lunch, we settled on this place.  I ordered the Classic burger and Israel got the Smoked burger.  Thinking that sharing a "basket" of fries would be enough between us, we were both shocked when our basket looked more like a bucket of fries!!  As much as Baby Sanchez loves fries, there was no way we could have finished it just the three of us.  ;)

While I did enjoy my first experience there, I thought it was a bit pricey.  And the burgers were good, but they tasted a bit too smokey to me. Maybe it's just these crazy pregnancy hormones that make everything taste a little different to me now.  I really, really wanted to love this place because it was talked up so much, but honestly I couldn't help comparing it to Five Guys and loving Five Guys more.

I do appreciate that Topeka now has a cool, local burger place and I'm excited for that.  :)  So, good job, Burger Stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment