Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Fast Food Nation

I'm really jealous of those preggos out there who crave fresh vegetables and fruits and don't really have a problem with the bad foods.  But let's just be real here-- this pregnant lady loves her some fries.

For those of you who've been reading since the beginning of my pregnancy know about my first trimester french fry craze.  Seriously, I don't think I could stomach anything else but fried food.  Now that the morning sickness has pretty much subsided, although I do have my occasional bad day, I have enjoyed getting to focus on healthier foods.  I do love salads a lot now and my favorite fruits are apples and oranges (it must be the citrus acid, no?).  But I still do indulge every once in a while in some fries and a good burger.

I have become quite a connoisseur of the fast food establishments and Israel has too as a result.  In Miami, the closest Sonic was 30 miles away.  That doesn't seem like a huge deal but it definitely wasn't convenient  so we only went like three times in a whole year.  Now, we literally live half a mile from the closest Sonic (I googled it).  It's awesome.

However, here's what we have learned from our recent experiences with fast food places:

- the fries at Sonic taste a little like cardboard.  Their burgers and sandwiches however are the tops.
- the fries at Burger King also taste like cardboard, but worse.  We never go here.
- McDonald's has great chicken sandwiches and chicken nuggets and the fries are pretty good.
- Wendy's has the best fries of all places and their sweet and sour sauce is amazing.

So, how do you accomplish your perfect fast food meal?  Twice now, Israel and I first bought only fries at Wendy's then drove down the street to Sonic where we got half price drinks during Happy Hour and killer burgers.  Yes, we are those people.

And I've just written a whole blog post about fast food because I'm just classy like that.

3 comments:

  1. Hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! I love this post. I love you. I wish we could fast food joint hop together. Can you please, like, make a video of this post- make it really dramatic, be super pregnant, etc? Like eat a dry cardboard fry from Burger King, then spit it out and burst into tears while Israel looks helpless and confused? I want that for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've done that before and I'm not even pregnant! Burger King's fries are NASTY.

    At least we have five or six restaurants right there in a row, so you're not driving all over town to get a meal. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tricia, you're great and I'll look into making a video for you. ;) I definitely have lots of crazy pregnancy stuff to film! Haha, I love you.

    Emily, right?! BK seriously has the worst fries ever. And yes! I'm glad at least you can pretty much go down Gage and hit up all the main places. :)

    ReplyDelete