Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Hunger Pains

I watched an interview recently with Jenna Fischer from back in August when she was still pregnant with her first child.  She was telling Jay Leno about the surprises she experienced during her pregnancy and the one thing I remember her talking about was... the hunger.  When she told her husband that she needed to eat soon he asked her what she wanted to eat and I loved her answer:  "There's no time for questions like that.  If you see a pregnant lady, just start throwing food at her."

My appetite has definitely increased lately and that's pretty much how I feel exactly.  Earlier today, I had eaten a bowl of cereal about an hour and a half before heading out to run a few errands.  By the time I was wandering around Barnes and Nobles, I got the most intense hunger pains of my life!  It had only been a few hours since that bowl of cereal but man was I feeling ravenous.  I usually don't feel the baby moving if I'm up and walking around, but as I was walking around the store I started feeling some pretty hard kicks!  This happened another time the other day when it had been a couple hours since I had eaten and I was at the Dollar Tree when I felt some intense karate kicks.

I immediately left Barnes and picked up a sub from Planet Sub on my way home (probably my favorite pregnancy food right now is a good sub or toasted sandwich).  And even though I was starving, when I sat down to eat, I could only eat about half of my sub along with some grapes and potato salad.  I have this huge appetite but I can only manage small meals at a time as I seem to get full a lot faster now.  That's just one of the many things that has changed since becoming pregnant.  :)

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to feel our baby's karate kicks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! I wish you could feel them already!

    ReplyDelete