Monday, January 2, 2012

Welcome, 2012!

It was a pretty quiet New Year's Eve, but it was a nice evening with our little family.  Israel and I got some subs from Quizno's and just hung out at home for the night.  At 11, he received a lot of phone calls from his family in Miami telling us Happy New Year.

We toasted at midnight (non-alcoholic Sparkling Grape Juice, of course) and both ate twelve grapes, a Cuban (or maybe just Hispanic?) tradition and danced a little salsa to Israel's homeboy, Pitbull.



I'm excited for 2012!  I don't have a ton of resolutions, but I do have three pretty strong convictions this year:

1.  I really want to get more serious about Photography.  I've done a few weddings and engagement sessions with friends of mine over the years, but I'd really like to branch out more in this area.  My goal is to set up my own website very soon, hopefully in a couple months.  I'd also like to start saving up for a more professional camera which I know will help a lot.  This has always been my biggest passion and I feel like I've been neglecting it, so I'm very excited about becoming more serious about it this year.

2.  This year I will become a mother.... crazy!  I'll be honest and say that I am scared about this huge responsibility.  I so want to be a good mom.  When you get married, you definitely become aware of how selfish you are and that you need to work on being more selfless.  I know that being a mom will require me to become even more selfless, and I want to do well in this area.  My goal is to just love my little girl no matter how hard it will get sometimes and just always do what's best for our family.  More than anything, I'm just really excited to meet our daughter!

3.  My last big resolution is to become closer to the Lord.  It's definitely a challenge to have strong self-discipline and be consistent in this relationship.  I want to be a good example to my daughter and have a strong spiritual foundation in our house.  I know that I need more of the Lord right now, especially since I know with His help, I love people better when I'm just completely relying on Him.  

Happy New Year!  I hope this year you can accomplish more of your goals and dreams.  Here's to 2012!

4 comments:

  1. Elena, text me back!!! I can't wait to talk to you, especially after reading this!! Your 2012 convictions sound really, really good. I'm so, so happy at the thought of another year of your friendship. It means so much to me :) Happy New Year! See you shortly, I hope.

    By the way, love me some Pitbull.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be a great 2012 mi amor! Your convictions and resolutions are all attainable. But especially getting closer to the Lord, that's what truly matters, because by doing so, you will be a great mother and he will certainly show you opportunities with photography! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww friend! :) We've now been friends for... 9 years?? Crazy how time flies. Yeah, I stayed up way too late last night reading a book Israel won through Random House and slept in real late today. I can't wait to Skype with you in a little bit!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And thank you, mi amor! I know that getting closer to the Lord will help everything and give me the right priorities I need. I love you so much!

    ReplyDelete