Friday, February 3, 2012

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins


I've been wanting to make this recipe for a long time and when I found out my small group was making breakfast for I-Mom this morning, I knew I had to make them.  The general consensus is that they taste like banana bread with chocolate chips.  How can that be wrong?

They come together pretty quickly and the trick is not to overmix too much.  They're not fancy but they're more of a comfort muffin.

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins:
Adapted from Eat, Live, Run
Makes about 24 muffins

Ingredients:

3-4 very ripe bananas

8 Tbsp. butter, melted

1 1/2 C. sugar

2 eggs

1/2 tsp. salt

2 tsp. baking soda

3 C. flour

1 1/2 C. chocolate chips

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a large bowl, combine mashed bananas with melted butter and sugar. Mix well. Add the eggs and beat well.

Sprinkle in salt, baking soda and flour.  Then, gently fold in chocolate chips.  Be careful not to overmix!

*Divide amongst greased muffin tins and bake for 20-30 minutes or until golden.

*- I think it was just the dark tin I used but when I checked the muffins at 15 minutes they were already very golden, almost burnt.  So just make sure to check them early.  Cooking times may vary.


1 comment: