Monday, February 20, 2012

Menu Monday: 2/20-2/27

Menu Monday is back!  Meal planning and cooking has been all over the place since the pregnancy.  In the first trimester, it was "grab whatever to eat because I feel too sick to cook," and since living with my parents in November, my mom and I sometimes alternate with the cooking.  I would like to become even more organized with a grocery list and a budget goal each week!

Monday:  Chicken Stir Fry with rice

Tuesday:  Brats & Peppers

Wednesday:  Picadillo with rice

Thursday:  Leftovers

Friday:  Marinated Chicken with broccoli and brown rice

Saturday:  Leftovers

Sunday:  Gonna wing it

4 comments:

  1. I love menu planning. Or, rather, I love that feeling of knowing that you know what you're going to do about dinner. It keeps me from snacking a lot in the afternoon, because there's no confusion or mystery about "will I eat dinner, or am I just going to snack?" You know? Plus, being organized about buying the supplies at the beginning of the week, thawing the meat beforehand... yes, it's empowering. Hahah! Well done, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha exactly! Thank you, friend! I always stress out all day about what I'm going to be making for dinner, but this makes it so much better because it takes that pressure off knowing what's going to be made. It's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How 'bout something with rice on Sundays? hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! Now that's an idea! ;) I didn't even realize until I finished this that all of these meals include rice! Gotta get those carbs, you know.

    ReplyDelete