Saturday, March 17, 2012

34 weeks


This is technically a 33 week shot, shhh!  :)  It's from our maternity session with Renae.  

Baby Sanchez is the size of a durian fruit, which I had never heard of until this week, but it looks like this:


Let's just hope she doesn't come out with spikes all over her!  According to most sites, she weighs between 4-5 pounds and is anywhere from 17-19 inches long.  She's almost to her birth weight!  Israel and I made little bets on what she's going to weigh and how long she will be.  I'm betting on 6 pounds, 12 ounces and Israel's going for 7 pounds and 7 ounces.  We both think she may be about 19.5 inches long (we're both shorties).  Any other guesses or predictions?  :)

This week I started noticing the stretch marks.  I have been faithful in rubbing cocoa butter every night since the first trimester, but those little things seem to pop up no matter what you do to prevent them.  It's hard not to feel vain and wish them away.  I'm trying to view them more as battle scars and the fact that I will have housed a human being inside of me for nine and a half months.  

I've felt fewer big kicks and punches, and more body rolls, wiggles, and body parts sticking out.  It really is the strangest thing to look down and feel the tiny bones of a hand or foot protruding from my body.  I have a very short torso, so I'm sure the poor little lady is feeling pretty cramped in there.

This week has been pretty uncomfortable for me.  It was also the first time I said to Israel tonight, "I think I'm ready for my body to be my own again."  I've had a lot of nausea the past few days and it's hard to know what to eat a lot of times because nothing sounds good.  Don't get me wrong, I love being able to be the one carrying a new life inside of me and being able to witness such a wonderful miracle.  But I'm ready to not have to go to the bathroom every half hour, to enjoy eating my previous favorite foods again, to not feel nauseous, to not have such horrible back aches every day, and to not have to struggle so much just to roll over to my other side in bed.  

We really are in the final stretch though (no pun intended, heh heh).  Only 6 more weeks.  And only 3 more weeks until I'm full term!  As much as I'm ready to not be pregnant anymore, I'm also hoping she'll stay in there as long as possible until she's fully cooked and ready to go.  

5 comments:

  1. YOU LOOK GREAT! Elena. Just a few more weeks to go and you´ll have your baby in you arms.
    Love
    Marialuisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Marialuisa! Yes, just a little bit longer now. Can't believe how soon she'll be here now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look gorgeous honey! Our little girl (I almost typed her name) will be gorgeous just like you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, love! :) I can't wait to see what she looks like!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elena, I know exactly how you are feeling! Stretch marks are no fun (I had my fair share) but they really do lighten up! I can hardly see mine now!! My favorite comment is the one about wanting your body back! That thought came out of my mouth SO many times. It's so true though, can I just have my body back so it doesn't take me 7 min to roll out of bed! You're doing such a great job!! Keep it up :-) and yes, your little girl will be gorgeous!
    Elisabeth Osborne

    ReplyDelete