Monday, March 12, 2012

A Visit from my Sister + First Baby Shower

It was a lovely, fun and very busy weekend!  My older sister Renae came down from Indiana for a couple days for my shower which was on Saturday.  We had a great time catching up and spending lots of time with her and the rest of my family.  A few friends gathered together to celebrate Señorita Sanchez's arrival and made the most delicious treats for the day!  It was a great time with some great ladies.  We've had such beautiful weather all weekend and today!  I'm so glad it allowed us to go out for a little maternity shoot with Renae.  Some pictures from the weekend:











I got to meet Miss Esli, Brittany's daughter, at the shower for the first time and she is so precious and dear.  As I mentioned in my 32 week update, I have been feeling so anxious and scared lately and just feeling like I'm not prepared yet to be a mother.  It was near the end of my shower and I hadn't held Esli yet, but when Brittany put her in my arms, my heart just melted.  She kept looking up at me with her big blue eyes and soon fell asleep in my arms.  I couldn't get over how tiny she was at a month old!  It was in that moment that I thought for the first time, "Okay, I can do this.  We can do this.  We're going to be okay." I can only imagine the amount of love I'm going to feel for my own daughter when I meet her face-to-face for the first time.  It makes me tear up just thinking about it.

3 comments:

  1. It makes me tear up too, friend!! I just can't tell you how much I wish I could have been there. I'm glad you had a nice visit with Renae and were able to get together with some very supportive friends and be showered :) You will be such great parents!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww :) Thanks, Tricia dear. And I really wish you could have been there, too. I'm just glad you'll be here right as the little lady makes her grand entrance into the world! :)

    ReplyDelete