Thursday, March 29, 2012

yesterday








Yesterday I filled up with gas and wasted $5.  I selected "Unleaded" and without me even doing anything, the pump started spraying like crazy everywhere on the ground.  It took me about $5 to get it to turn it off and gasoline started pooling around my feet.  I just put a little bit in the car after that and almost slipped on the gasoline getting back inside the car.  My biggest fear about being pregnant in the winter was slipping and falling on the ice but since we had barely any ice this winter, it would have just been sad if I had slipped and fallen on spilt gasoline!

It was such a lovely temperature outside, so I grabbed the Chinese meal I bought the night before at Dillon's and ate lunch on our porch swing-- that is, until I spotted two or three huge bees nearby.  And then I ran inside.  My aunt Naomi and my mom came over for a little coffee date in the afternoon and we had the best time just eating chocolate mousse and catching up.  She's going to Turkey in May and I am so jealous that she's going to see the Haggia Sophia!  

Israel and I went to another baby class last night at the hospital.  Although the class wasn't all that helpful, we did get to watch a super creepy swaddling/shhing video by the Happiest Baby on the Block. I still don't understand why we were the only ones in the class who were creeped out by the man hosting the video.  It really was like watching an SNL parody video.  You should check it out.  ;)

6 comments:

  1. The creepiest and most awesomest thing ever! You are welcome, honey!

    http://youtu.be/ddRkI5wVIqQ

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha! It's the shhhing that gets me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's the entire video! Well, part by part. Ignore the subtitles!

    http://youtu.be/s1_ifqYKmVw

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! ~ You guys will TOTALLY do the shhhing. Guaranteed! If for no other reason than it drowns out the crying! lol

    That swaddling and turning the baby on its side was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, I have to admit that I about peed myself laughing the first time I saw him pull the baby close and kind of quietly scream "SHHHHHH, SHHHHHH!" But, it did seem to work... I say, go for it! I can see you two trying not to laugh in the middle of your class :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hehehe.... I think I actually laughed out loud the first time we saw him "shhh" a baby, looked around, and... nothing. So I tried to contain myself after that. I'm sure we will use some of those techniques though! They do seem to do the trick!

    ReplyDelete