Saturday, April 7, 2012

37 weeks aka I'm huge!


So, we grew a little bit.  
And I am finally full-term, which means it's considered very safe if the little one decided to come now even though she's got a few more weeks to go.  She is most likely about 19 inches long now (almost to her birth length) and could weigh anywhere from 6 to 7 pounds at this point.  Israel's cousin had an emergency C-section a little over a week ago (we originally had the same due date) and her little guy was just over 7 pounds!  
I see my doctor every week now until I deliver.  My blood pressure is still very good and my weight is officially up about 22-24 pounds since pre-pregnancy.  At my last appointment, I told my OB about my last trip to the hospital and she wants to do a final ultrasound next week to see how the baby is looking, especially because I had bleeding.  They'll also be able to estimate how much the baby might weigh, although I've heard that isn't all too reliable.  I'm looking forward to seeing our baby girl one last time in utero before I meet her face to face!  My OB also told me that the baby is head down now!  I think it's amazing that they can tell what position the baby is in just by feeling.  
I finally understand now why women hate their maternity jeans so much near the end.  I curse them every time I have to put them on now.  I would love to be able to get away with wearing sweat pants and my favorite light weight t-shirt that is now too short to wear out in public every day until the end.  My stomach is constantly itchy when I wear my maternity jeans.  I think it's because before, the panel pretty much covered my entire stomach, well above my belly button and now it sits pretty much right on it.  This is the area that is furthest out and the skin that has stretched the most, therefore it's the itchiest part.  
I've been experiencing lots more dilating pains and Braxton-Hicks almost daily now.  I think I overdid it activity-wise yesterday again.  I had been running errands all day and when Israel and I went to the Art Walk in the evening, I started feeling those sharp pains and contractions when we got out of the car.  I continued to feel them when we went to the grocery store afterwards but they went away when we got home and I was able to put my feet up.  Since it's getting so close to the end now, it's a bit of a scary thing never really knowing when I'm going to go into true labor!
Heartburn is my constant companion, all day long, every single day.  I find it gets especially bad if I haven't eaten in a couple hours or near the end of the evening.  I have a minor freakout moment if I leave the house without my Tums in my purse.  I will often just go back for them if I forget to bring them with me, that's how bad it is.  I'm definitely looking forward to not having to deal with this pregnancy symptom in a few weeks!  

2 comments:

  1. Don´t worry, everything will go fine. You´ll have time enough to get things ready even if you go into labour. Keep us informed and wish you good luck. Soon you´ll feel what really and true love is.
    Love from Spain
    Marialuisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, wow, wow! You are so close!! Yeah, I really hope she waits for me, but even if she doesn't, I won't have to wait too much longer to meet her. Can you have your mom send me a text message or something if you go into labor? We need a communication plan. Hahaha. So excited for you both, Elena. You will make it through labor- it will be wonderful to finally have your beautiful baby.

    ReplyDelete